ALMOND CRUSTED SALMON INSPICY HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon , cut into 4 fillets
- 3/4 cup roasted almonds ,(thinly slice or chopped)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds roasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , ( divide in 2)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of Alfalfa or Mountain honey
- 2 tablespoons Low Sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Siracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Garnish: sliced green onions
Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, siracha and garlic.
You can add salt and pepper; however remember that the soy sauce is salty), let the sauce rest.
Wash salmon, pat dry and then rub 1 tablespoon of olive oil to cover
Put roasted almonds and sesame seed in a deep dish, take salmon and press tops into mixture
In a deep frying pan heat the other tablespoon of olive oil at medium heat
Crust side down, place salmon in heated pan for 4 minutes (make sure it then do not burn), flip them and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes depending on the thickness of the Salmon, pull from heat let it rest for about 2 minutes, then serve.
You are ready to serve, put the sauce mixture over them and garnish with fresh green onions!